Ford transit - speeding N.I.P notice is not of my van - zeff

Hi all,

I have a BIG problem.....i got home from work to a N.I.P notice claiming that my van was caught on an average speed camera on the M62 doing 62mph in a 50mph restricted zone.

The offence took place at 4.16 A.M on Sunday 11.03.2012................thats right silly oclock on a Sunday!!!

I was, as i always am, in bed and my van was safely parked on my drive.

I went onto the website to look at the pictures but is said that i inputed the details wrongly 3 times so locked me out! i then phone the number on the notice to be told that they were having some problems with the website and would post the pic to me tomorow..........

As i know it was not me or my van what do i do to proove it??? are the pics good enough to be able to identify things on the van that will set it aside from mine (mine is fully sign written on all sides for instance......will that be proof enough????)

any good advice will be very happily received.

Ford transit - speeding N.I.P notice is not of my van - tony g
The photographs are good enough to show the reg number and occasionally the driver and front passengers face .

However it's quite possible that the reg number on your van has been duplicated on another van ,it happens a lot .

You need to access the nip notice online ,then you can blow the picture to a larger size .Are their any distinguishing features on the other van other than the driver ,is it sign written ,can you see the tax disc ,can you see who made the number plate ,the plates should have the name of the company who made them displayed

One final point ,the part of the M62 where the van was caught speeding ,is that a long way from your home address ,it will add credibility if your home address is a long way from the M62.

Would your partner swear a statement that your van was where you say .

Good luck and please let the forum know the outcome .

Regards

Tony g

Hi Tony, the area is approx 15 - 20 miles away from me, i dont have the pic yet so carnt say what its like but at 4am i would not expect to be able to pic out much detail however the bonnet, rear and both full sides of the van are clearly sign written so if its possible to make any details out it will be clear its not my van........but how do i prove that?.......its a joke, i was not allowed to buy a rear plate to put on my trailer from Halfords as i didnt have the v5 with me but you can just buy them off ebay!!

Ford transit - speeding N.I.P notice is not of my van - focussed

I had one of these joke tickets from some idiot organisation in London-swearing blind that I was there and doing blah blah blah and demanding loads of money.

I hadn't been near London on four wheels for twenty years and I had a witness who could confirm that I was 120 miles away at the time of the "offence"

I found which police station covered the area where my "offence" was alleged to have taken place. I phoned them and reported it as a cloned number plate which gave me an incident number. Reported this back to the idiots together with the incident number-never heard another word.

just got to see the pic online.......its a white transit with no markings at all........it could be one of a thousand vans.....no sight of the driver as its too dark.......its clearly not my van but again, how do i go about proving that!!!?????

Just a thought....... there is a tax disc in the windscreen, could they blow up the image to read it as i doubt it will be showing my details????!!!!!

Edited by zeff on 15/03/2012 at 21:24

Ford transit - speeding N.I.P notice is not of my van - tony g
Hi Zeff ,you say that your van is sign written and the offending vans not ?

If you have a receipt for the sign writing or can get one .It will clearly predate the speeding incident and put you in the clear.Send a copy ,not the original to the authority who issued the speeding ticket ,that should put you in the clear ,also at the same time.
Send a photo of your van showing the same areas as the offending vehicle .That should convince the authority you're not guilty ,send the response by recorded delivery .

Regards

Tony g

Ford transit - speeding N.I.P notice is not of my van - Dwight Van Driver

If what is stated is correct then there is a cloned vehicle circulating.

Report the matter forthwith to your local Plodshop.

Write back to the Camera safety people explaining as above and send them a photo of your vehicle.

They should then see ( or realise) they have made an error in recording the VRM and bin any further proceedings.

dvd.

Ford transit - speeding N.I.P notice is not of my van - concrete

Cloning number plates happens a lot. My daughter got an NIP similar to zeff. She swears she has not used that road for months, so we requested a picture. There was a Transit van with the same number as my daughters Golf!!! I photgraphed the Golf and photocopied the V5 and sent that off. Never heard another word. Also reported to local plod to cover ourselves from future incidents. I think the signwriting on zeffs van proves conclusively it was not your van. Follow Tony G's advice and photograph the vehicle at a similar angle to the police photograph and try to find the receipt for the signwriting. If you are in business you have to keep your accounts and reciepts for 6 years so your accountant may have it. Report it quickly and get a crime number, that should be some insurance against future problems. Let us know how you get on. Good luck. Concrete