Vauxhall Vectra B, Jan 2002 - Service Light - keithleonard

Hello,

I have searched the web, and found several answers on how to reset the service warning light on my vectra

None appear to work on my model.

I have had countless problems recently and changed several parts, which appear to have fixed the problem. Now every time I start the engine the service light comes on and stays on.If I turn the engine off and restart it disappears. I had the car serviced only last September, so it isn't in need of a service. I'm told it could be because I have changed the ECU ?

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated, as it is a real pain.

Vauxhall Vectra B, Jan 2002 - Service Light - Dynamic Dave

Are you mistaking the car/spanner light for the service light? Several people do.

Reason I ask is that the Vec-B doesn't have a service light as such. When service time is due the word "InSP" temporarily displays in the trip odometer display when you first turn the key, then shortly afterwards reverts back to the trip display reading. In short, the service message doesn't remain displayed for more than a few seconds.

To reset InSP involves holding down the trip reset, and then switching on the ignition while still holding down th trip reset. Display should change from InSP to ---- (4 dashes). Release button. Job done. On newer Vauxhalls the brake pedal also needs to be pressed.

Car/spanner light is the engine electronics fault light, immobiliser fault light (flashes on and off and car won't start), and also IIRC, the autobox fault light - if fitted.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/02/2012 at 13:17