How can I open rear doors on a VW Passat - MazJB
I have a 1999 VW Passat with full monty locking. Somehow I have locked the rear doors and cannot open even with the child lock button on the drivers door. The book states that the garage can lock but does not say how to unlock. Can anyone help ?
How can I open rear doors on a VW Passat - Dynamic Dave
It's not like the latest Vauxhall central locking is it? Where you press the keyfob once to unlock the drivers door, and twice to unlock all the other doors as well.
How can I open rear doors on a VW Passat - MazJB
Thanks, It is but for some reason I must have pressed a succession of commands and the rear doors just remain locked. The book advises that you can insert your key in the drivers door, turn once to disable the alarm then turn twice to open all doors. But this does not work.
How can I open rear doors on a VW Passat - Ian J
My wife had a similar experience on a golf mk iv. Rear door wouldnt open. Suspected that it was caused by her pulling out rear door handle to put shopping in back simultaneously with opening drivers door central locking somehow confusing it. Central locking appeared to be operating normally but door handles woundnt open door either from inside or outside. Not entirely sure how I fixed it but used wd 40 and played around with holding door handles out prior to setting and resetting central locking Solution once door became operational again was to insist that she wait until central locking opened a few seconds before operating any other door. VW no help
How can I open rear doors on a VW Passat - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I'm not sure if you mean that you can not unlock the doors or can not open them.
I've got a 2001 Passat.
Even when locked, pulling a door handle from the inside once will make the locking button pop up, the door will be unlocked. Release the handle and pull again , the door will open.If not there is indeed a problem.
Once the doors are open, check that the child-proof locks are not set.
If the situation recurs I suggest that you try the spare key fob and or unlocking the doors manually a few times using the key in the lock.
One of my rear doors would not lock /unlock remotely after 2 days of ownership - a wiring loom had pulled apart.It still operated via the manual method above. >> I have a 1999 VW Passat with full monty locking. Somehow
I have locked the rear doors and cannot open even with
the child lock button on the drivers door. The book states
that the garage can lock but does not say how to
unlock. Can anyone help ?