Traffic Wardens taking photos - Wally Zebon
I saw some poor begger getting a ticket the other day in Carlisle city centre. The traffic warden took the details, wrote out the ticket and then took a photo of the car with the ticket attached.
Is this simply to act as proof that the ticket was issued or is there another reason?
Traffic Wardens taking photos - peterb
If it's for proof then it's a good idea.

In my area (Enfield) a guy recently successfully challenged a parking warden who gave him an incorrect ticket. Over the next few weeks he received several penalty notices for parking in places he'd never even been to.

Happily his case got sorted out, but it's all too easy for a warden to fabricate a ticket for a vehicle that wasn't there (IIRC the London Evening Standard did a report on this a while back).

IMHO issuing wardens with cameras would be a useful start in elimiating fraud.
Traffic Wardens taking photos - Homme van Blanc
I saw some poor begger getting a ticket the other day
in Carlisle city centre. The traffic warden took the details,
wrote out the ticket and then took a photo of the
car with the ticket attached.
Is this simply to act as proof that the ticket was
issued or is there another reason?

Could be he was proud of his days work!
Traffic Wardens taking photos - RichardW
Your offence may be recorded for training purposes??
Traffic Wardens taking photos - Dynamic Dave
Seen an NCP carpark warden do this in Swindon - get his Polaroid camera out I mean. Car was illegally parked in a disabled bay, but with a ticket displayed. Asked the warden why the need for a photo; warden said because the driver could argue he was parked elsewhere within the compound, and not in the disabled bay. As the car had a ticket displayed, the owner of the car would more than likely get let off if additional evidence wasn't available.
Traffic Wardens taking photos - Bromptonaut
Carlisle has de criminalised parking enforcement so it was probably an attendant employed by or contracted to the council rather than a warden.
See www.parking-appeals.gov.uk/about/faq.asp and go to q10. Proof that the ticket was issued and attached to the car.