really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - dieseldogg

Inside of three miles this afternoon

(i) Pootling along a twisty country road, sees a car in front stationary , but not parked in the slap /lane end exactly where it was stopped. Approaching car so I pulls in behind Mrs No-brain, I indicates and pulls out round her at which point she decides she is moving off

Scheesh1

(ii) just inside the 30mph zone, nowt whatsover behind me, and another female driver pulls out in front of me I mean very very closly in front, she then pootles (well it was a thirty) down the road before abruptly turning in left.......needless to say without indicating

Scheesh2

(iii) A few hundred meters furthur on I enter a roundabout in the left lane to go straight on, keeping well to the left, the dork turning right takes (for whatsover reason) a "dwamle" to the left, panics when they realize there is another car and stops, where they stayed for a considerable time

Scheesh3

really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - bathtub tom

The other half reckons that type lurk around, waiting for me. She only sees them when I'm driving.

really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - Bobbin Threadbare

They're everywhere DD. It ain't you mate!

I've just had some berk in a BMW try and overtake me on the sliproad off the motorway. Ok fine, but he left it till the 'merge in 200 yds' sign to do it and had to drop back. Then, he followed me very closely almost into Preston, before realising he wanted Blackpool and swerving across the hatches onto the M55. P******! Then, through town, the obsessive braker struck. He braked at every camera, road entrance, traffic island and car parked at the side of the road.

Edited by Bobbin Threadbare on 23/06/2011 at 17:31

really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - madf

I don't let these things upset me.. Just slow down and either let them pass or run ahead. Life is too short to worry about other muppets. I avoid them . Period. Let them crash into someone else is my motto.

really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - jamie745

Its interesting how men usually spot the awful women drivers and women tend to spot men in BMW's. Its a recurring theme. Im not saying one or the other is better/right/wrong but its just an interesting observation.

really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - Bobbin Threadbare

How is it interesting? I couldn't tell if the driver was male or female; 'he' is arbitrary.

really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - jamie745

Taking my lead from Ken Clarke, i think if you own up to being an awful driver very quickly you should get 50% off your car insurance bill for the following year.

Yeah but whoever is in charge overall must quickly do a U-turn on the policy.

really so thoughtless? - Am I being unreasonable or are the other drivers - dieseldogg
Actually I forgot the best/worst example.
A "wheen" o days ago at the local set of traffic lights (& hey we got 2 sets in the "toon")
I am patiently waiting at the red, handbrake applied in neutral etc etc,
Now when my lights go green I attempt to proceed except a blond bimbo ( yes definately young & blond and by her actions a self-defined bimbo) ...........tootles blythly through on the red directly across my front.
As I fell in behind her I observed that she was texting (head down) whilst apparently steering with her knees (evidenced by the erratic steering behavouir)
Her insurance premium should be at least 10 times mine.

Edited by dieseldogg on 24/06/2011 at 09:35