Ford - Missed Payment - BrianDM

Hi - I have a Ford Focus bought on HP and have been chnaging every three years. Last month for the first time in 11 years I missed a payment, yesterday I spoke to Ford Credit to say I would make a payment manually, however when I got home I noticed the car had a sticker in the top corner of the passenger side windscreen. The sticker was blue and said Ford OK and a tick. The sticker has been applied from the inside and could have been applied since Sunday as I haven't been in the car.

Could Ford have opened the car and applied the sticker? What does it mean? and is it legal for them to open the car without my permission

Thanks

Ford - Missed Payment - Ben 10

Isn't it still THEIR car until you've paid for it?

Ford - Missed Payment - JordanBB

Not your car anyway. So maybe okay means they taking it back?

Ford - Missed Payment - bonzo dog

Hi Brian, I wouldn't worry, they would not act either in that manner or that quickly.

The sticker will have been there since you bought the car or when it has been in a garage at some point.

If borowers had a visit everytime a payment was missed, the banks & finance companies would have a heck of a job on their hands.

Edited by bonzo dog on 11/06/2011 at 08:20

Ford - Missed Payment - Avant

Absolutely - it just couldn't happen like that. There are thousands of different keys, and I can't imagine Ford Credit having some kind of super-key that opens all Fords bought on HP! Don't worry.