Citroen Xsara - Remote Central Locking Problem (Memory Loss?) - Luke Johnson

This is my first car which i brought in July 2010. (51 Reg 1.6 VTR Coupe)

When purchased i was aware that i could not operate the central locking remotley due the the battery in the keyfob being flat.

The central locking works manualy with no problems, but i wanted to get it to work remotely. I brought a new battery for the key fob and still the central locking did not work. I decided to follow some advice id seen while browsing the internet. See below.

1. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
  2. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
  3. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.
  4. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.)
  5. Switch on the side lights through the driver’s window.
  6. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
  7. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
  8. Remove key open & close door test central locking system
  9. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.

After completing this procedure, the remote worked correctly!!! I was able to lock and unlock the car with the remote! Succsess! ^_^

Unfortunatley my problem is that if the car is left for any length of time, i am unable to unlock it remotley again! it is as if it forgets or loses its memory! I am still able to unlock it manually but that does not deactivate the alarm, which goes off untill i put the key in the ignition.

After driving the key fob will work again (lock and unlock), but again after i come back later it will not unlock. (I am unsure how long it takes to loose its "memory" as i havent timed it)

Sorry for the lengthy post, but i thought the more information i post, the easier it would be to get some help.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Luke Johnson on 14/01/2011 at 10:17