Honda CRV - Vibration - crvj

Hi All

I have a Honda CRV 2005 diesel manual 84K on the clock. I am expeiencing a vibration when the car is under load for example going up a hill it comes in at aound 1800 - 2200rpm and also when getting to about 57 - 62 mph. Just had the drive shafts repaired and the mechanic says I still have the vibration. PLEASE any help

Honda CRV - Vibration - madf

Wheel balance?

Tracking?

Most obvious causes. Get then checked.

Then: was it suffering before drive shafts changed?

Is clutch OK? Flywheel?

Start with wheels and tracking first.

Edited by madf on 28/10/2010 at 14:16

Honda CRV - Vibration - crvj

Had tracking done as 1st thought. This is when Honda dealer said he thought it was drive shafts. Wanted to use a doner car to confirm drive shaft prob. Then wanted £1200+ for 2 new shafts plus the labour around £1600. Took to a local garage & had it put on the ramps & told that there was a lot of play on off side & a bit on near side of both drive shafts. So now I'm here shafts have been sent away and repaired but still have vibration.

Honda CRV - Vibration - keybored

Might be the dreaded propshaft problem. The UJ's are sealed and can't be changed apparently. New one is megabucks so have heard of people disconnecting it and running in just fwd. Just my 2pence worth.

Honda CRV - Vibration - Collos25

Doesn't this vehicle have a known problem with the rear diff/clutch that causes this problem.

Honda CRV - Vibration - keybored

Rear diff problem only shows up when going round corners. Stupid design allows water in through the rear axle breather and contaminates the dual pump fluid. Had this with mine but after 3 changes of fluid it was quiet! Still think OP has propshaft UJ problem which is another well documented design flaw. If I recall correctly a new one is in the region of £1500. Would never buy another Honda ever again.

Honda CRV - Vibration - Collos25

With those sort of prices you have a good point.