Audi A4 - mpg indicator - keithbms

I have a 2010 Audi A4 2.0Tdi. It will display average mpg for the current journey and for the car's lifetime (till reset). It is irritating that these readings only land on certain values. For example the jorney average will jump from 33.4 to 33.7 to 34.1 to 34.8 etc. as I go along, always landing on the same set of values. Currently the lifetime average is reading 44.1. From the way that the journey average indications work, I know that this figure will not change until the average reaches 44.8. It is irritating because my previous 1.9Tdi moved smoothly in steps of 0.1. My dealer says there is nothing wrong and that's the way it is. Does anyone else have a similar gripe ? (Incidentally this is nothing to do with instantaneous averages which I have seen discussed elsewhere.)

Audi A4 - mpg indicator - Dutchie

I see what you are saying the the jump of the figures are to big you like the 0.1 more accurate.Its funny how certain things can annoy people.Has the dealer checked that everything is fine? I remember with our previous car the outside temp display could be seen by the passenger as well.With our new car its displayed on the drivers side.You might just have to live with it take care.