Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - happyvaux

Hi all,

had an oily smell coming into the cabin. When I looked, the larger of the 2 breather hoses from the rocker cover has completely blown apart. The insides of the hose have emulsion all around it too, but the car actually still drives fine.

Is it ok to just replace this breather hose or is the emulsion something to worry about? I've heard of this emulsion on vauxhalls, due to condensation but I'm worried it could be more serious like the head gasket.

Many thanks,

Pete

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - Victorbox

It's still under the 3 year warranty so get a Vauxhall dealer to replace it for free. The incident will be logged with Vauxhall and if it's your head gasket or whatever, you have come back within the warranty period.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - happyvaux
I was thinking of doing that, but it maybe means getting it recovered to the dealer I bought it from 20 miles away, which I didn't want to do if they were only going to replace the breather hose. They'd probably have it for 2 days and I'd have to go the 20 miles back to get it.
Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - Victorbox

You state in your original post "but the car actually still drives fine" so why do you need to get it recovered to a VX dealer?

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - 1litregolfeater

Probably failed oil control rings and piston rings allowing excessive blow-by pressure into the rocker cover. If this is the case you need to demand a new engine on a car of that age.

Could just be blocked top end breathers if you've been doing short journeys, but it does sound more serious, and at that age it should be good.

How many miles?

Has the oil been changed?

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - Collos25

Reading between the lines the car has not been serviced or at least not by Vauxhall hence the reluctance to take it back.If it was my car I would have been straight on the phone and had the car recovered and repaired it can go to any Vauxhall agent but 20 miles is hardly a long way.The problem of to high a pressure as so plainly described in previous mails gives all the possibilities ,if you have not had it serviced then they are going to tell you its pay time.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - Galad

Work colleague opted to have her 2007 Corsa D serviced by her hobbyist brother and not by main dealer. Three different sensors failed at once during year 2 which only dealer could replace and it cost her £500 even though the car was still within warranty period.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 2008 auto - '08 Corsa breather pipe blown - topbloke

these pipes are splitting for fun at the moment get yourself down to the dealer "its the only place that you will get one" ask them to change it under warrenty if they dont and ask you to pay then there is nowt lost as you were going to buy it anyway, i believe that they are splitting due to inferior quality,Regards TB