Astra 16valve oil light - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
A short while ago someone posted a query regarding the oil pressure warning light was taking a long time to go out. I mentioned that I had the same problem with a customers car that day. Well it appears that the problem is down to the pressure relief valve on the oil pump getting sludged up and not seating to get the oil pressure up on startup. Not too much of a problem from cold but once up to temperature the oil light would remain on for anything up to 30 seconds or until you gave the engine a good rev. A phone call to Forte technical suggested this was the problem, probably caused by the extended service intervals modern cars are subjected to. They suggested a long engine flush, oil change and a dose of Top End Treatment (TET). This TET is formulated to quieten noisy (gummed up) hydraulic lifters and I have found it to be very effective. The flush and oil change helped but the problem was still evident. Added the TET and took it for another run....BINGO!!!. Oil light goes out instantly on hot start. Next oil change...6 months or 6000 miles madam!
Astra 16valve oil light - james_60
hi

what is TET and where can i get some

James Stephenson
Astra 16valve oil light - Dynamic Dave
what is TET and where can i get some

Top End Treatment

www.forteuk.co.uk/fortepages/topendtreatment.html

I think I'm correct in saying that Forté products are only available to the trade.
Astra 16valve oil light - RogerL
A range of Forte products is available at my nearest Vauxhall dealer's parts dept, so they're not trade only. I won't name the dealer because they're rubbish in other depts!