Nissan Micra K11 - Micra K11 Oil Sump Corroded - joe_safc

After getting my car MOT'd i got pointed out to me that the sump on my Micra was corroded and leaking oil slowly.

After having a look at it and the opinion of two tech's from work they told me that the bolt connecting the manifold to the exhaust covering the sump was broke and would open up a can of worms potentially needing drilled out to remove it.

After this i got quoted at least £200 through work to replace the sump, how much should I expect to pay for this work to be carried out.

P.S I already own the sump for the car

Thanks in advance

Joe

Nissan Micra K11 - Micra K11 Oil Sump Corroded - madf

Basically it's a time consuming and likely to be messy job which no-one in their right minds would want to do...so if they have to, they will charge what they like.

Given the potential for drilling out a fixing. rethreading it, other potential issues, you could get it bodged for a lot less but bodged..

Nissan Micra K11 - Micra K11 Oil Sump Corroded - freman

Are you sure the exhaust has to be removed to remove the sump?

From what I remember from oil changes on my daughters P reg 1Litre,the exhaust pipe is on the transmission end of the sump & it looks like there is room for the sump to come off. I dont remember if this car was a cat version or not.

If the pipe has to be removed might it be easier to remove the manifold from the block ?

Also remember that should you need a new front exhaust section that broken stud will have to be removed & the hole re tapped, so it may be better to choose your time & place to do it.