corsa sxi 1.2 c - corsa sxi 1.2 help please - evilkev

Hi ppl, just bought a corsa sxi1.2, I have been driving it now for 3 weeks now and it has just started to make a tapping noise very much like a diesel, I have changed the oil and filter ( oil crap and filter worse). But it has made no odds, oil magnatec and halfords filter, when I first start the car from cold its fine sounds good no tapping at all but after about a 10 min drive the tapping starts and gets worse, also I have noticed a whistle when I accelerate hard around 4-5 000 rpm it seems to be coming out of the exhaust, any help please guys

corsa sxi 1.2 c - corsa sxi 1.2 help please - Victorbox

Sounds like the timing chain is worn out due to poor oil change routine.

Edited by Victorbox on 03/04/2010 at 10:07

Hi i have read this, but why does it only happen when the engine warms up, if its the chain wouldnt it be noisy all the time when just started

corsa sxi 1.2 c - corsa sxi 1.2 help please - eastenddoy

the chain tensioner is operated by oil pressure and as the engine get warm the oil thins and the chain tensioner just losses off and the chain rattels it requires a new timming chain and gears

Hi and thanks so far, just had the chain and tensioners changed, but still sounds the same, i have checked the cam bolts and they all seem tight, i am much confused.