Buy your car Website, Anybody tried them? - FullaFlava
I asked for some collective wisdom a little while ago about taking some dings out of my car before selling it due to an impending job move abroad. Well I got a job offer quicker than I thought and didn't get a chance to do the necesary.

I now have a car sat on the drive which I would like to move on with minimum fuss and have seen a TV ad for a web based company which will buy your car from you. I am considering this very seriously as I don't know when I will next be at home or for how long.

I assume that the amount that they value your car for will be less than book and am prepared to take this loss if it means that the selling experience is easy.

Do any backroomers have experience of using a company such as this or is it a bit too good to be true.

Thank-you in advance.

Edited by Pugugly on 26/12/2009 at 19:23

Buy your car Website, Any body tried them? - maz64
Try doing a Forum Search for 'webuyanycar' - one result:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=80985&...f
Buy your car Website, Any body tried them? - Jcoventry
They always offer way below what the car is really worth.
Buy your car Website, Any body tried them? - smokie
JCoventry - do you have first hand experience to back this up?
Buy your car Website, Any body tried them? - Jcoventry
Well, sort of, put my car's make/model/mileage/year into the ones that let you do that through their website, and they were bringing up rather silly values to be honest.
Buy your car Website, Any body tried them? - csgmart
They always offer way below what the car is really worth.

That's my experience too.
Buy your car Website, Anybody tried them? - martinalexander
I would guess that if you have a high value car, it wouold probably not be in your interest to use them. I used their online valuation and they offered me £50. Looked in the local free paper where there are dealers offering a minimum of £100 although, just like webuyanycar, they reserve the right to change their offer if you turn up in a tin can. When I got to the dealer, he gave me the £100 and was more convenient than driving to the webuyanycar depot. Webuyanycar have a lot of negative forum feedback for haggling you down when you get to the depot but you probably already know that.
Buy your car Website, Anybody tried them? - Cheeky
Yup. They offer you very low prices - well below trade in and as HJ says you would be better to try an auction of some sort as you may well do better there. The low price suits some who just want the convenience of a cheque in hand without the hassle of private sale/auction/part-ex. No reason to doubt them, just that their valuation will be eye watering.
Buy your car Website, Anybody tried them? - paul2007
Hiya

Out of interest, the 'webuyyourcar' ppl offered us a good rate for our MB. So if were to buy another, it would have been easy to sell for cash & go into dealer without px, or the hassle of idiots turning up to your door avd saying the car is too 'small/big' etc.

we also tried our Jeep hemi - the price was very low.

both cars are in black and black cars sell well - both are below 20k mileage avd full main dealer history.

Our son had his fiesta quoted - he had the car from new, 4 years old - he was offered about 1k less than the bottom selling price in an open market - so he px with a dealer &felt he got a better deal.

my free tip is - get a quote - check advertised prices for private sales for like for like cars 7 dealer price - weigh up the pros 7 cons 7 take action as required.