What's the oldest driving school car you've seen? - Mick Snutz
I spotted a V reg Corsa the other day and thought it was quite old for a learner school vehicle. I guess there is no reason why a driving school can't operate a fleet of bangers if they wanted providing they are safe and practical but I am curious to know how long a car used by many different people can keep going.
Have you seen anything older?

I wonder if there is a niche market for a school using old Ford Cortina's or similar?
What's the oldest driving school car you've seen? - daveyjp
A V reg suggests someone who is either just starting out, is doing it for some top up cash, has almost reitred, or it's a temporary vehicle.

A busy instructor will be doing 30,000+ miles a year so an old car would ring bells with me to avoid.
What's the oldest driving school car you've seen? - commerdriver
Used to know an instructor who had a slightly older automatic car for the few pupils who wanted to learn in an auto.
What's the oldest driving school car you've seen? - Rob81
I learned in 1998 in a 1989 1.0 Metro. It had 249,000 miles and was a horrible car! The instructor taught me to change from 1st to 2nd at 6 mph and into 3rd at 19 mph. 4th was reserved for speeds above 25 mph. The clutch went on the metro the day before my test and I ended up passing in a 2CV (a much nicer car). My instructor had previously been my school bus driver and was a real character.
What's the oldest driving school car you've seen? - frazerjp
Whilst in the waiting in room of the test centre before one of my driving tests, my instructor was having a chuckle with another waiting instructor.
Some years back he witnessed a student turn up to the centre with his Dad in a Citroen 2CV, the examiner took one look at it & said no! End of story.
What's the oldest driving school car you've seen? - Rattle
There is several threads on this already, maybe it would be a good idea if they were merged?