02 1.8 air bag - srs light reading - spanner13
1st of many posts about my 52 reg car.........
Like to know can i flash code read the srs circuit and whats the procedure, my snapon machine wont read. Cheers andy

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/12/2009 at 18:51

02 1.8 air bag - srs light reading - injection doc
I know this will sound totally bizzare but some of the nissans you used to be able to turn the ignition on & flash the door light switch 7 times in under ten seconds from when turning the ignition on to get the SRS flash codes. I think it may of been the earlier primera
02 1.8 air bag - srs light reading - injection doc
Found this method in one of my files, i belived this worked Ok on an odd ball import nissan 2004.

Takes a little practice.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
02 1.8 air bag - srs light reading - McP
There is a procedure in the service manual.
www.mediafire.com/npoc

Very common for the connections/ground under the seats to be disturbed.