06 2.0D Can't select reverse. - Old Navy
I have just had the call - "Dad I can't get reverse gear". Apparently No2 daughter can select all forward gears and the car moves forward but reverse can not be selected, described as "It just goes into 6th". Any help appreciated.
06 2.0D Can't select reverse. - piston power
Silly question but has she done it before?

Linkage may need adjusting on box.
First time as far as I know, linkage should be an easy fix, selectors a bigger problem. I think it is still under warranty, just! Mr Honda will be getting a call, more chance of him fixing it. I was wondering if it was a "known" problem.

Edited by Old Navy on 10/12/2009 at 14:33

I have been informed that the car has been recovered by a Honda dealer, I will report back with the result, (probably next week).
The driver who collected the car had to push it off the drive to load onto the transporter as he could not select reverse. The mechanic who moved the car into the workshop had to reverse the car in the process, and did not know what the problem was until after he had moved the car and read the job card. So no fault found!

Any ideas on that one!

Edited by Old Navy on 12/12/2009 at 11:14

06 2.0D Can't select reverse. - ifithelps
...did not know what the problem was until after he had moved the car and read the job card...

Slightly unprofessional.

What if the job card read: 'No brakes.'
Good point, I spoke to daughter this afternoon and she says the gearchange feels "lighter".

I suspect it has been set up or adjusted.