Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - NARU
From today's Telegraph:

A South Korean woman has finally passed her driving theory test at the 950th attempt. The aspiring driver spent more than 5 million won (£2,500) sitting the written exam almost daily since April 2005 but until this week had failed to score the minimum 60 out of a possible 100 points needed to get behind the wheel for a driving test.

Cha Sa-soon, 68, passed with a score of 60 on Wednesday, said Choi Young-chul, a police official at the drivers' license agency in Jeonju, 130 miles south of Seoul.

Now she must pass a driving test before getting her license, Mr Choi said.

Mrs Cha She told the Korea Times newspaper she needed the license for her vegetable-selling business.
Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - Armitage Shanks {p}
Dear Mrs Cha See

I am delighted to see that it has taken you 4.5 years and 950 attempts to pass the theory aspects of your driving test. Congratulations on your success. However, with regard to you passing the practical test I can only advise you not to hold your breath! The worst is yet to come!

Sincerely

An Admirer of Persistence

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 06/11/2009 at 13:56

Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - old crocks
P.S. Would you mind not learning to drive in my area.
Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - Mick Snutz
All that effort and she'll probably end up driving around in some overloaded 3 wheeled smokey, 2 stroke powered cart with her family perched on the handlebars.
Hopefully you are right. However there is a Korean vegetable-selling business near where I live.
I hope they are not related!

Edited by old crocks on 06/11/2009 at 14:09

Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - Altea Ego
you live in new Malden Old crock?

Not too far away! As you must know, in New Malden they have Korean bakers, Korean butchers, Korean internet cafes, Korean travel agents, Korean everything.....

And they even have signs with "Don't drink and drive" in Korean.
Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - Dipstick
If they've even done the signs it sounds as if some one at Town Hall has made a Korea out of it.
Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - bell boy
my shirt is on the fact she will end up in an automatic
Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - FotheringtonThomas
www.dla.go.kr/english/01_info/info06.jsp

Phew!
Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - Rattle
I am pretty sure you can do the test in any language you want so I doubt language is the barrier here. Also I don't get the maths. Each test is at least £30 so that comes to £28500 and I am pretty sure it is a lot more than £30 these days.

Something just dosn't add up here.

Also there is waiting times, you cannot simply sit a test then instantly do the next one in most cases.

I passed mine twice, 35/35 first time, but rather annoyingly I got 43/45 the second time. It really is a test in common sense.

Edit a classic of example of why not to comment before reading the article, the woman did not sit this test in this country :p Me stupid.

Edited by Rattle on 06/11/2009 at 15:10

Woman passes driving theory test at 950th attempt - Blue {P}
Read the original post again and you'll see where you have gone wrong lol.

Edited by Blue {P} on 06/11/2009 at 15:15