04 1.6 bleeding fuel system - cybergen
As a result of a problem with the power output of my car { not going into the turbo } I replaced the air filter and fuel filter, the car wont run now , but was starting fine prior to this. I have primed the fuel filter and the filter has definately got diesel in it. After attempting to start it by towing it as the battery is now flat, there is pressure in the system if I release one of the pipes off the filter. I have released the injectors and there is a small amount of diesel present, but when turning the engine over no fuel is squirting out of the injectors. Is there perhaps some way to bleed the system as I believe it is air locked. Any suggestions would be most appreciated
04 1.6 bleeding fuel system - macavity
As a result of a problem with the power output of my car { not
going into the turbo }

Could be a problem with the turbo.

I replaced the air filter and fuel filter the car
wont run now but was starting fine prior to this. I have primed the fuel
filter and the filter has definately got diesel in it.

www.ehow.com/how_2078006_prime-diesel-engine.html

>> I have released the injectors
Your problems are only just beginning. Injectors are rarely the same after removal and refit.

04 1.6 bleeding fuel system - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
You need to pull the air out of the system via the green connector above the cam cover. I use a vacuum brake bleeder.
04 1.6 bleeding fuel system - cybergen
Thankyou to you both for your suggestions, prior to me reading your replies, in desperation I used some easy start. Lo and behold the car started running, and has continued to do so for the past two days. It is extremely flat,as it was prior to the replacement of the air and fuel filter, but at least it is running. I will describe the problem in detail in my next post.

04 1.6 bleeding fuel system - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
Running without turbo-on a 1.6 that could mean the turbo's knackered,PEF filter is blocked,PEF blocked due to none regeneration etc etc