Audi 3.0Tdi, How long should it last? - gasoil
What milage are these V6 Tdi's capable of, the car has been on variable serving at the Audi dealer and has done 100,000 just now. Thanx
Audi 3.0Tdi, How long should it last? - Happy Blue!
How old is the car?

The long life servicing intervals are designed for three years cheap maintenance for fleet managers. No-one cares what happens after the car is sold off into the second hand market.

For a car that is driven at least 18,000miles pa this regime is probably fine for long term engine health, but for less miles it is increasingly doubtful.
Audi 3.0Tdi, How long should it last? - cjehuk
If it's done 100k since 2006 when the 3.0TDI was released then that engine will be fine having been on the variable service interval. To do that many miles most of them will have been on the motorway, which is ideal for the engine, the oil and the car itself. I wouldn't have concerns about the engine or gearbox if the rest of the car is acceptable. At the last dealership I worked at we used to regularly service 2.5TDI V6s that had done 250k or more without trouble. If the 3.0TDI is one of the older 204/224HP variants rather than the current 240Hp version then it will be even less stressed and more likely to last longer.
Audi 3.0Tdi, How long should it last? - gasoil
Its a 2004 A8, so I think it will be 233bhp? is that correct?
Audi 3.0Tdi, How long should it last? - Happy Blue!
Well that's 20,000 miles pa on average, so the car should last you for a long time.
Audi 3.0Tdi, How long should it last? - cjehuk
Yes it will be 233hp version - good engine, very smooth and quiet. I would regularly get 40mpg out of one of them too on a relatively good run in the south east...