backroom time stamp - Paul531
Why is the HJ time stamp on posting GMT and not BST at thsi time of year.

OK we are about to change soon , so not a prob' 'till Easter

The clock on my car radio {the necessary car link} sets to BST / GMT automatically - RDS?

Paul {Forest of Bowland}
backroom time stamp - Bromptonaut
We are lucky, lists hosted by topica use PDT (USA western seaboard)

Guess there is a certain amount of fag in changing it, and in proofing the system against when it changes. There are also several contributors from around the globe who may find a GMT +/- calculation easier without adding in an hour for BST.
backroom time stamp - HF
I found it quite confusing, when I first came here, thinking that no-one had been posting for an hour! Then I got to thinking that it was my own PC playing up, as it does. But now that I know - well, guess it's no big deal and as you said, Paul, we'll soon be back to good old GMT anyway - bring on the spring!

What I WOULD like to know, also, is whether anyone has experienced typing problems on this site, and others, that they don't get on certain other sites. Every time I write something here,I look back and see numerous missed-out letters/words, sometimes I see them in time to correct and sometimes I don't, I've had this on other sites too but not everywhere, so am assuming it's not just my typing?
backroom time stamp - BrianW
It is easier to cosistently stick to zulu time (GMT) than shift every time the clocks change.
I haven't looked to see if the "site rules" state that GMT is used, but as the point comes up every couple on months Martyn might like to think about making the time used obvious, maybe by just adding GMT after the time on the header.