lpg transit any good? - alfatrike
i'm thinking of buying a second hand lpg transit from about 2005.
i can't find much information related to these.
does anyone out there have one?
what are they like?
anything i should be wary of?
lpg transit any good? - deefh
i have an lpg transit. 03 reg. 2.3 16v .. driving it for 2+ years now.. they have removed the temp dial and replaced it with a gas meter so you know when to fill up. this in it self may cause problems? may not. i have burnt out 3 ignition coils in 2 years. i have also changed the plugs since the last burn out. beware when changing the plugs. they need to be gapped for gas. the manual says 1.0 mm but that was pre conversion (good old ford).
i have since located info thats says 0.25 thou for gas and to coat all connections with dialectric grease. which i have done. my problem with the new plugs fitted by a mechanic was that it ran fine on petrol but not on gas. this has since changed as i gapped the plugs to the info this morning. it drives like a dream now only it has started to perform in idle as it did when you tired to drive it on gas before the gapping. i will keep trying to search for the correct gapping. that aside it is the best van i have ever drove. i have driven diesel transits. my brother has a diesel transporter from the same year and my sister drove my transit last year she said it was like driving a car compared to the vw. love it but gas will find a weakness in tghe ignition system eventually.. good luck
lpg transit any good? - piston power
Lpg is a good system if it's serviced correctly but most just get left till there is a problem, once opened up it's full of black smelly tar that has to be cleaned out & a new vaporiser seal kit with diaphrams fitted.

Also check the gas filter these get forgotton about and get blocked.
lpg transit any good? - dieseldogg
AARRRAGH
NO
Never
We got one in work and it has given endless bother
And Doh the Ford folk know furry all about them
I tink we were down for literally months on one occassion