03 2.3 replacing a broken locking filler flap - speedycar53
The hinge of the locking filler cap / flap of my V70 has broken. I cannot figure out how to remove the broken hinge component from the car as there is no obvious fixing. What do I have to replace - is the flap (matching bodycolour) itself a seperate part so it can be reused or does this come as an assembly?

Can anyone please advise?

Edited by Pugugly on 16/06/2009 at 11:54

03 2.3 How do I replace broken locking filler flap - Simon
I don't know about a V70, but don't be surprised if it comes as a complete assembly. It will all come apart somehow though. If you do end up buying a complete flap then it will most likely come in bare plastic and you will have to have it painted to match your car.
03 2.3 How do I replace broken locking filler flap - BB
I had a S60 with this problem (common problem on Volvo's)

You dont have to buy a new flap but a new plastic hinge mechanism from Volvo. Give your Volvo service dept a call and he will know what you are on about. Cost about £25 for the part.
03 2.3 How do I replace broken locking filler flap - BB
Et voila

www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=34677
03 2.3 How do I replace broken locking filler flap - speedycar53
Thanks, BB. You're answer couldn't have been more helpful!
03 2.3 How do I replace broken locking filler flap - Brian Tryzers
How about if I told you the part and fitting would come to £15? That's what it cost me - fitted by a main dealer at the next service - when I broke the same hinge on my S60. That was three years ago but I wouldn't expect it to have gone up very much.