Blocking an ambulance - Westpig
no doubt the grinning photo was taken after she'd strolled out of court

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/8098062...m

WP - just retitled it to reflect the subject because someone else opened another thread on the same topic

Edited by Pugugly on 13/06/2009 at 13:06

Just when you think you've heard it all - ifithelps
Rightly or wrongly the courts are very reluctant to lock up a young person, particularly if that person is female and particularly if that female person has babies - I don't know if that applied in this case.

The loony biker in the other thread passed Go without going to jail as well.

Same charge - dangerous driving - which carries a maximum of two years.

Edited by ifithelps on 12/06/2009 at 21:58

Just when you think you've heard it all - Hamsafar
No mention of driving sanctions.
Just when you think you've heard it all - gordonbennet
Please someone tell me that the report's missing some details.

The obvious one being the 2 years minimum disqualification and multiple points to follow.

Just when you think you've heard it all - mss1tw
What the hell is wrong with her?
Just when you think you've heard it all - Pugugly
Avery, 20, was also given a 12-month supervision order and banned from driving for three years after she pleaded guilty to driving dangerously.

According to a link clicked on the Beeb's report.
Just when you think you've heard it all - gordonbennet
Avery 20 was also given a 12-month supervision order and banned from driving for three

Thanks PU, i shall sleep tonight after all..;)

Bet her kids'll be fun in time to come.
Just when you think you've heard it all - 1400ted
My paramedic daughter was in exactly the same position yesterday, fortunately without the pathetic Avery character. Transferring a cardiac patient between hospitals, he died in the ambulance and was brought back to life 3 times on the journey ending up in coronary care where he survived.

I am inclined to think that if anyone had done that to her, she would have punched the stupid woman's lights out and hang the consequences.....she's very caring !

Ted
Just when you think you've heard it all - b308
I thought this took the biscuit as well:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8097320.stm

What gets me is that she has her "unpaid work" order rescinded and then gets told she's going to get tagged instead between midnight and 7am (cor, wow!) and then has the audacity to complain...

I'm sure we can think of some appropriate punishment for her, high heels or not!

And they wonder why we have no faith in the justice system!

Just when you think you've heard it all - pmh2
>>she's going to get tagged instead between midnight and 7am (cor, wow!) <<

Maybe the court knew something about her work schedule that we dont! ;)

p
On the basis she's already got off doing some work already?

Sorry, but that one really gets on my wick... she's not only got off having any sort of meaningful sentence for breaking the law, but now she wants to get away with it altogether... and actually has the brass neck to want to go to appeal... well I hope she does and she gets some official who realises just what a mockery she is making of the law and throws the proverbial book at her...

Perhaps the court should have asked her what she felt would be an appropriate sentence, it would have made life much easier... and can we all do this if we end up in court?

Classic case of "law is an ass"...

Sorry, rant over!!!

Edited by b308 on 13/06/2009 at 11:39

Just when you think you've heard it all - Rattle
snip

Edited by rtj70 on 13/06/2009 at 12:36

Just when you think you've heard it all - Martin Devon
Maybe the court knew something about her work schedule that we don't! ;)

Superb comment PMH.

NO................I wouldn't either!!!

VBR............MD
Just when you think you've heard it all - Mr X
In relation to the woman and heels argument.

No different from telling a court in your defence that you were driving at over 150 mph on a Midlands motorway in order to familiarise yourself with the way a new vehicle handled ........

Edited by Mr X on 13/06/2009 at 12:23

She got punished and then got off the punishment with something lesser because of some rather tenuous reason... I see no connection with that story and the one you mention, MrX, perhaps you could enlighten me?
Just when you think you've heard it all - Armitage Shanks {p}
b308 - this tagging in no inconveneince at all. I have a distand relative who was tagged from 12 mid-day to 3 am! 15 hours freedom including times when all pubs and clubs are open - Hard to bear!
b308 - this tagging in no inconveneince at all.

Exactly, thats what I was meaning, AS, yet she is considering appealing it... as the thread title says, "Just when you think you've heard it all"!
Just when you think you've heard it all - Fullchat
Occasionally Mr X I warm to your arguments and then you blow it.
Just when you think you've heard it all - Optimist
Why?

I can't speak for Mr X, but it does seem to me that the heels excuse and the handling excuse are each about as credible as the other.

What the excuses have in common is that excuses are what they sound like, rather than reasons.

"I broke no rules" is topical and rather in the same area of an excuse warranting a response of "yeah, right".

Just when you think you've heard it all - zookeeper
when i read the address of the woman ( tatlow road, glenfield ) it didnt surprise me one bit, its the part of leicester where the dregs of society habitate, pure jeremy kyle material
Just when you think you've heard it all - FotheringtonThomas
"She was banned from driving for three years and will have to retake a test to get her licence back"

The last bit's a plus point, too.
Just when you think you've heard it all - jc2
Having been in an emergency ambulance in France(I was the one being taken to A&E)there are just as many useless drivers over there;OK this person seemed to do it on purpose but over there-bright red ambulance,four big blue lights-one on each corner on the top and two-tone horns and did people get out of the way?-no-not even the professionals.
Just when you think you've heard it all - deepwith
jc2, this wasn't just once but several times over, I believe from reports, some five miles. It also included rude gestures from both the passenger and the driver.
I wonder what would have happened if she had had an accident caused by her shenanigans and needed help - would she have screamed about her 'uman rites to get fast response?