New series - on now - maz64
Well I enjoyed what I saw of it (missed beginning - possibly including a Focus RS test as that is this week's competition prize). Included:

- V10 R8 test
- presenter trying bangernomics by swapping his M3 for old Proton (cost of one M3 tyre = £270, cost of Proton = £200)
- Tiff and David Coulthard driving a 280bhp VW diesel van on track
- their stunt driver doing a loop-the-loop in a Aygo/C1/106; looked quite scary
- recommendation of 'cheapskate' alternative to R8 - Corrado VR6 (£3k) with things to watch out for
- C3 Picasso test

I enjoy Top Gear but like Fifth Gear with its lack of big 'set pieces', which I've gone off.
New series - on now - daveyjp
I'll wait for the repeat - watching Ricky Ponting's face as Sri Lanka knocked them out of the cricket was more fun!
More info here: fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear

Focus was up against Evo X in 'dogfight'.
New series - on now - Dynamic Dave
- their stunt driver doing a loop-the-loop in a Aygo/C1/106; looked quite scary

They had an hour long show (including adverts) on a couple of weeks ago of the preparation involved for this stunt.
They had an hour long show (including adverts) on a couple of weeks ago of
the preparation involved for this stunt.

Full feature (doing the loop, not the preparation): fwd.five.tv/videos/loop-the-loop
New series - on now - cattleman6
I am an enormous fan of Tiff Needle and of course I have great respect for David Coulthard.

Any show with tiff driving in it is worth watching.
New series - on now - doctorchris
I can't bring myself to trust a man called Tiffaney Dell!!
New series - on now - Westpig
I thought the programme was mostly pants.

I couldn't see the point of the Proton swap, there was no real depth to item.

I thought those two clowns in the studio were exceptionally rude about DC, who let's face it (no pun intended) is a succesful chap and comes across as a nice fellow. Why be so rude? ...(for those that didn't see it, it was schoolboy humour about him having a prominent jaw line, despite him being a guest).

The loop the loop bit was interesting, fair enough and it was good not to have VBH squealing.

the Anglesey bit was fairly pointless, i prefer the two different cars doing laps, then having their images superimposed so you can see where one is better than the other

When is TG back?

Edited by Westpig on 09/06/2009 at 19:38

New series - on now - Ben 10
Give it a chance WP. Its only the first week.
Now..... JC IS pants ;-)
New series - on now - Dynamic Dave
When is TG back?

June 21st (Father's day)