High Level brake lights - redviper
This evening whilst waiting to start my voluntary work, I was sat in the car listening to some music as I had arrived a little early.

Parked up behind a "Ford Wildtrack" I've never seen one of these before, right hand drive with private plates on.

I'm very sure that when it pulled off and got to the bottom of the street there was no middle "high visibility" brake light

I thought it was EU regs that all cars sold in Europe after 1998 had to have one

The car looked modern so I'm guessing it was made in the last 10 years

Don't get me wrong I don't go round checking I just happened to notice as I was admiring it as it drove off
High Level brake lights - bell boy
he might have taken it out because of glare
its only mot able if fitted so its quite legal to remove on the mot front at least

Edited by bell boy on 14/05/2009 at 00:30

High Level brake lights - Old Navy
The Ford Wildtrack is a standard pickup as used by your local builder, farmer, or poser. It is common to see vehicles with failed lights, when did you last check yours?
The Ford Wildtrack is a standard pickup as used by your local builder farmer or
poser.

Ive never seen one before, it looked impressive i have to say though it towered over my car.
It is common to see vehicles with failed lights when did you last check
yours?

I agree but as i could not make out if it had one or not, it did get me thinking......I can check mine everytime i fill up

Parrallel to the pumps at the garage i normally full up at, is some massive plate glass windows to the left, and as you leave the pump area and then have to turn sharp right and stop, you can see all your lights for the full width of the car in these plate glass windows, i always if i have time check the lights in the reflection. :-)

Edited by redviper on 14/05/2009 at 12:57

High Level brake lights - Old Navy
Parrallel to the pumps at the garage i normally full up at is some massive
plate glass windows to the left and as you leave the pump area and then
have to turn sharp right and stop you can see all your lights for the
full width of the car in these plate glass windows i always if i have
time check the lights in the reflection. :-)

>>
Nice one, Red. I use shop windows as a reversing aid or to "see" around corners, all other handy tips accepted.

I think the Wildtrack is the poser trim level of the pickup range. My farmer pal has the basic version.
Yea this definitely wasn't a farm workhorse it was spotless and had the shiney alloys and (probably) low profile tyres.

A friend of mine has a > 3 ltr Hummer and that has the "bling" wheels I think it looks silly and is pointless having something that big myself when he went down south from North Yorkshire he had to keep filling it up every hour its ridiculous. that thing can't go off road as you will probs end up wrecking the wheels.
High Level brake lights - borasport20
all other handy tips accepted.

I find it very easy to check my brake lights when there's a bus stopped/stopping behing me in traffic. Can't understand the number of cars, often quite new, with failed rear lights.

Of course, with notoriously flakey Renault electrics, perhaps I'm just used to looking for failure

High Level brake lights - Cliff Pope
whilst waiting to start my voluntary work I was sat in the car
>>

Hardly voluntary then - who sat you there?
>> whilst waiting to start my voluntary work I was sat in the car
>> >>
Hardly voluntary then - who sat you there?

No i was waiting to start my shift I dont have a key to the place where i work, as i arrived there earlier than expected from my paid job so decided to listen to some tunes for a bit to pass away the 30 or so min I had to wait.
High Level brake lights - Cliff Pope
Sorry redviper, sometimes pedantry gets the better of me;)