Planet saving confusion - Mr X
tinyurl.com/cpuh8b

So our govt has decided to penalise the buyers and users of the vehicles mentioned in this article via taxation, in order to cut our carbon emissions and thus save the planet.
Mean while another country is to start selling these same vehicles and thus undo the savings we are making.
Yours
confused.
Planet saving confusion - DP
The government doesn't care about the planet. The government cares about making its own life easy between elections. The tax revenue that the ongoing carbon emission penalisation strategy rakes in, the monitoring and enforcement it justifies, and the public sector jobs it creates are all the government cares about.

I'm not saying man made climate change is or isn't real (I'm actually past caring if you must know), but merely how I perceive the government's true take on it.
Planet saving confusion - Armitage Shanks {p}
I can't recall in which country it is happening but they are taking down useless wind turbines to make room for a nuclear power station. There's sense for you!
Planet saving confusion - mss1tw
"It is a bumpier ride than in the UK so 4-wheel drive can be useful," he said.

- Professor David Bailey at Coventry University Business School.

I lost a little bit of faith in human intelligence there.

Planet saving confusion - john farrar
The planet will be just fine once its got rid of these pesky humans
Planet saving confusion - madf
The Met Office is strong on global warming, making forecasts 100 years in advance.

Has the Met Office managed to forecast in March the weather successfully for the summer?
Answer: Not yet.

I was always taught: if you forecast and can't get the current year right, all the rest of your forecasts are just junk.

Edited by madf on 01/05/2009 at 21:28

Planet saving confusion - Old Navy
The wars for the last few resourses on earth will kill us humans off before the climate does.