on sale up here -where from?? - scott1s
I notice a dealer in Scotland selling Nissan Tiida 1.6 with warranty until Mar 2012 at 8995.

Not that I am looking atone, but there is no mention of this car on Nissans website, so where are they coming from? As far as I was aware they were not sold in Europe at all. Also anyone buying one, surely spares will be a major league PITA.
In saloon form not pretty, but the hatch looks OK and my old man had one as a hire car in South Africa last year said it was great. Seems a hell of a lot of car for the money but really curious as to where these are coming from as it really is the replacement for Almera - a segment in which Nissan stated they would no longer compete.
on sale up here -where from?? - Avant
We've had a Tiida saloon twice as a hire car in SA - it has a huge boot which swallowed all our luggage. This is the one occasion when I prefer a saloon to a hatch.

It was a typical Japanese 1.6 petrol workhorse - it did the job reliably (over 2,000 km each time) but never made me think 'I wish I had one of these back home'.

I'd imagine that this dealer has imported them from somewhere - hopefully most of the mechanical parts are shared with other Nissans, but the body won't be - so if you buy one, don't prang it.
on sale up here -where from?? - Avant
Maybe from SA itself - Nissan have a factory there and the rand is still fairly weak.

I think you have family in Thailand HJ - I do hope they're safe.
on sale up here -where from?? - Optimist
You see them in Southern Ireland quite a bit.

IIRC I've had one as a hire.

on sale up here -where from?? - Auristocrat
Thought these were built in Mexico, and that Nissan were going to import them as a niche model
on sale up here -where from?? - doctorchris
A post on another forum reports a car transporter loaded with Nissan Tiida saloons seen on the M74 on 2/04/09.
The advert from the Scottish Nissan dealer selling these cars was also reproduced.
It was thought that the cars were coming from Eire, where they are sold.
They are based on the Renault Clio floor pan so parts would probably not be a big problem.
To my mind this car offers the Nissan enthusiast an alternative to the odd-shaped Note or the Qashquai.
A good price new, when they appear on the used market and nobody knows how to price them, they could be an absolute bargain.
on sale up here -where from?? - Optimist
I did have a Tiida on hire in Eire last year.

It was a 1.6 auto with an ugly boot rather than a hatchback, but the engine revved in a willing fashion and it took four of us comfortably around a few hundred miles.

The price in Scotland seems great for what the car offers. Anyone interested can get detail by searching on Nissan Killarney to get the local dealership there.

on sale up here -where from?? - EoinM
Yup, they sell those over here in Ireland. They are a bit of a running joke - extremely ugly and it's only ever pensioners or tourists drive them. Saloon is more popular (we like our saloons) but residuals are brutal. They are about ?21k new here which is a cheap 1.6 for the class its in

Edited by Honestjohn on 18/04/2009 at 20:19

The Scottish Nissan dealer is offering the Tiida 1.6 SVE saloon at £9495. That converts, at tourist rates, to 10615 Euros.
Your cars are frighteningly expensive, how do you afford to buy them?
Prices here are ridiculous as on top of VAT, the is an additional tax called Vehicle Registration Tax which can add up to 32% to the price of the car.

Even when the rates were less favourable for us against Sterling there was still a price discrepency. Incidentally, our pre-tax prices tend to be lower as a result of VRT (did my thesis on EU car prices).

Tiida price list for here is as follows:

1.6 SE - 4dr & 5dr ?19,070.00
1.6 SE - 4dr & 5dr - Auto ?21,770.00
1.6 SVE - 4dr & 5dr ?20,570.00
1.6 SVE- 4dr & 5dr - Auto ?23,270.00
1.5 Diesel SE - 4dr & 5dr ?20,570.00
1.5 Diesel SVE - 4dr & 5dr ?22,070.00

The new price has dropped considerably (about 2k) recently to try and shift them - diesels dropped in price last july due to changes in VRT and petrols were priced to match.
So, how do you afford cars in Eire?
I've read that the only difference between Iceland and Ireland is one letter and 6 months!
What's going on over there?
So how do you afford cars in Eire?

Get a job and buy them?

I've read that the only difference between Iceland and Ireland is one letter and 6
months!

Eh?

What's going on over there?

Stupid taxation that's what!
on sale up here -where from?? - Nissan head
Holdcroft Nissan main dealer in Stoke on Trent are selling all models of Tiida starting at £8995.
They come in through Northern Ireland but are first registered in the UK and have delivery mileage with full 3 year Pan European warranty. Very comfortable cars with huge boots in either saloon or hatchbacks. Worth a look at this price. Better than a used car for more money!