01 2.0T squeaky blower and exhaust rattle - carnut1980
hi all, my 2001/51 2.0t s60 seems to have a squeaky blower. It is most noticeable on a low setting, but will still do it even when its off. Im certain the fan blade is loose, as a higher setting will make the noise eventually fade away. How do i get to the blower once the glovebox is out of the way?
Also i hear an exhaust vibration on idle/low revs from the engine end,again it goes away with speed, sounds like a rattle on a heat shield near the engine block. Any ideas? As these are driving me mad!
thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 24/03/2009 at 17:13

01 2.0T squeaky blower and exhaust rattle - ex-Triumph man
Don't know how to access blower, but it sounds as though there may be a stray leaf in it.
The exhaust rattles sounds very much like the catalyst breaking up.
01 2.0T squeaky blower and exhaust rattle - carnut1980
hiya, i checked the exhaust out and it is fine, but the noise is still there. Any ideas how to get at the blower? it seems to be well sealed once the glove box is out, with no screws, nuts or anything to undo to get into it
01 2.0T squeaky blower and exhaust rattle - DP
I have a Haynes manual - will check what's involved in getting to the blower tomorrow.

If the cat's breaking up, it will be doing so internally, and the outside of the casing will look perfectly normal.