And talking of signaling - Sherwood
Having been indisposed recently (i.e. offline not in prison)so I dont know if this has been discussed
What has happened to the use of the indicator?Has it gone out of fashion?Why have motorists stopped using them when on roundabouts?When turning left and often when turning right? Not everyone is using their mobile phone.I know you should not rely on the approaching vehicle although indicating that it is going to turn left or right actually doing so it is nice to know what they are intending to do.Or have they become extinct?Like the law of stopping at a red light(thats a traffic light).
And talking of signaling - L'escargot
Having been indisposed recently (i.e. offline not in prison)so I dont
know if this has been discussed
What has happened to the use of the indicator?Has it gone
out of fashion?Why have motorists stopped using them when on roundabouts?When
turning left and often when turning right? Not everyone is using
their mobile phone.I know you should not rely on the approaching
vehicle although indicating that it is going to turn left or
right actually doing so it is nice to know what they
are intending to do.Or have they become extinct?Like the law of
stopping at a red light(thats a traffic light).

From what I see, the use of indicators is rarely preceeded by any thought as to whether there is anyone that will benefit from the signal. When I have been a pedestrian, I have seen motorists indicate when there has been no traffic in sight in any direction ~ and at outlandish times like 3 a.m. When signalling becomes an automatic action, I can't help but wonder whether the motoristic is thinkimg at all, or whether they are in a mindless "automatic pilot" state. No wonder there are so many road accidents.
And talking of signaling - Tim
"When I have been a pedestrian, I have seen motorists indicate when there has been no traffic in sight in any direction ~ and at outlandish times like 3a.m."

Surely if your a pedestrian you would appreciate knowing whether a car is going to turn into the road you have started crossing. To not indicate presents an additional risk of hitting something/somebody that you may have failed to see in deciding whether to indicate.
And talking of signaling - TrevorP
"To not indicate presents an additional risk of hitting something/somebody that you may have failed to see in deciding whether to indicate."

OR not indicating MAY have been preceeded by a careful evaluation of whether there was anybody to benefit from said signal (LAUGH out LOUD).
And talking of signaling - L'escargot
"When I have been a pedestrian, I have seen motorists indicate
when there has been no traffic in sight in any direction
~ and at outlandish times like 3a.m."
Surely if your a pedestrian you would appreciate knowing whether a
car is going to turn into the road you have started
crossing. To not indicate presents an additional risk of hitting something/somebody
that you may have failed to see in deciding whether to
indicate.

I always look both (at least) ways before I cross the road. If there is any chance that I'm going to be mown down by an inattentive motorist, then I wait until he/she has completed their manoeuvre before I cross. So there !!
And talking of signaling - John R @ Work {P}
Dear (Robin of)? Sherwood,

see

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=39...7

Regards

John R
And talking of signaling - Sherwood
Thanks John R

I must have missed that topic in Feb,I wasn't off line that long

Regards
Little John