Copy of a Sony car radio manual needed - MartinVF
Hi

I have just purchased a cheap used Sony car radio whilst I ponder about a new all singing/dancing sat nav.

The radio (XR-C5120R) came without a manual and has me completely baffled about it's more interesting features which seems to embrace Las Vegas style light shows whilst listening to Radio 4 ! How can I remove said lights are one of the reasons for the post.

It had nothing in common with the Sony radio I had before and when I looked on the Sony car audio web site and saw the sheer volume of models produced (they seem to change the whole range every 6 months ) I wondered how I can get a copy of the very cheap looking "manual" that Sony issue with each model.Looks like 6 or 8 sheets of cheap A4 copy paper stapl;ed together.

When I did a Google search I found an enterprising gent in the Balkans claims to have a huge list of manuals & service books for all manner of electronic goodies.

All he wants is a us$15 "contribution" to a local charity and in return he promised to let you have an electronic copy.

Fair enough,if the charity was one I knew I perhaps would consider it a fair deal but I thought perhaps it might not be as pukka as it claims.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of service?

Certainly a big charity could ask for handbooks to be donated free and send out copies for a donation . Although there might be a copyright issue I suppose.

Seems like a useful earner for Oxfam or Age Concern.

Anyway to get back to the point .

Can anyone suggest how to get a copy manual.

Thanks

Martin
Copy of a Sony car radio manual needed - Highland Idler
(From Sony web site, not hard to find..)

"8. Instruction manuals and accessories, how can I purchase them?

In addition to your local dealer you can also obtain certain items direct from Sony.

For accessories such as leads, batteries, remote controls, headphones, replacement instruction manuals etc, contact:

Sony Service Centre, Heathrow on: 020 8283 2700 ? 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

Unit 2, The Heathrow Summit Centre
Skyport Drive
West Drayton
Middlesex
UB7 0SU

E-mail: retail.spares@eu.sony.com

Note that for over-the-counter transactions, this Service Centre is also open from 9am to 12.30pm on Saturdays. Telephone calls will be answered by a telephone answering machine on Saturdays.

Or

Sony Ireland on 01 413 1700 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm

81/82 Broomhill Road
Tallaght
Dublin

Ensure you supply the serial number and name of yourself & the person selling device."

One of the mysteries of the universe is why do people who "purchased a cheap used.." then expect to be supported as those who buy items at full list price.

btw a model year 1999 Casteet Radio probably ain't worth the money you'll pay for a manual.

Yours aye ;-)