04 2.0 intermittent Auto Transmission warning ligh - Wowee
occasionally the auto transmission warning comes on when driving, it's happened a few times (6 or 7?) over the last couple of months, generally on the coldest days.

If we stop the car, turn off engine, then restart, then the light goes out and all is well. So we kind of assumed it might be a sensor fault, rather than a transmission fault itself, and promised that we'd get our lovely, efficient independant garage chap to have a look when it goes in for it's next service (which will be 50,000 miles, due in a month or so).

Today (another really cold one) there was a rather nasty clunk just before the warning light came on. Once again, stopped and started the car, no warning light, so completed the outbound journey without any other event. Starting the car again after 2 hours parked, warning light was on. Stopped and restarted, no warning light, travelled home (about 12 miles) with no problem.

I'm worrying now tho'. Do you think we're in for a big problem? I'm going to book it in ASAP, but have essential use tomorrow ....
04 2.0 intermittent Auto Transmission warning ligh - Wowee
Petrol engine, BTW.
04 2.0 intermittent Auto Transmission warning ligh - gkb

Wowee,, I have a 307 with identical problem, please can u let me know if you resolved it, thanks. grahame bell.