No Turning or Parking! - Mick Snutz
We've all done it at some point. Taken a wrong turn and then turned around in a private driveway or cul-de-sac and then spooted a sign stating 'Strictly no turning or parking'.

Is this enforceable by the owner of the land or residents of a mews?

Am I technically trespassing by driving onto the land and what could be the possible outcome taken by the owner?
If I've driven down a road in error, how am I supposed to remove my vehicle if I can't turn round. Lift it out by crane?

Are these signs a wastle of time and why do people get so het up by the odd car which happens to turn round in their driveway or road once in a blue moon?

just curious

No Turning or Parking! - Andrew-T
I would guess that until you cross a 'threshold' such as between someone's gateposts you are OK. And I doubt any such move would be enforceable, at least by any normally reasonable person. On an unadopted road it may be different.

I have noticed a strange turning/driveway off the A51 near Shugborough with a sign 'No Pedestrian Access'. What about that one then? One has to drive or ride in before dismounting?
No Turning or Parking! - Lud
Surely these notices are equivalent to the ones on doors saying 'No junk mail' or in the rear windows of cars urging people to 'Keep your distance!'. No red-blooded postman or tailgater would pay the slightest attention to one of these. If you wanted or needed to turn round by encroaching a couple of feet up someone's driveway, ask yourself whether you would be deterred by some barmy dog-in-the-mangerish notice just placed to annoy passers-by. I certainly wouldn't.
No Turning or Parking! - Harleyman
Could be that people have had gates, walls and verges damaged by drivers who got it wrong, and then drove away leaving them with a mess and a bill.

As for the one at Shugborough; look closer, there might well be a public footpath close by; owner fed up with disoriented ramblers wandering all over his lawn. Anything to keep Janet Street-Porter off your property!
No Turning or Parking! - Cliff Pope
A certain kind of person has down the ages felt a need to put up signs to prove that they are genuinely middle class, not jumped up lower-middle.
Hence:

Tradesmans Entrance
No Hawkers
Please Shut the Gate

and of course obstacles to stop the paper boy taking a short cut across the lawn.

The obvious response if challenged by a "no turning" is "That's all right, I'll drive through then" and churn up their lawn instead.
No Turning or Parking! - ohsoslow
From another point of view:-

Our property is on a corner with a largeish parking area on the front with two accesses. Unless we block the accesses off somehow we have had people driving through as it is easier for them to turn around by doing that.

We don't have any signs, it is obviously a private house, but one person who thought it was her right to park on the front got blocked in by our cars. She was quite upset when she couldn't get her car out and we wouldn't move our cars until we were good and ready some time later. I enjoyed that!

We often get people reversing into an access to turn around but that doesn't worry us as it does no harm.
No Turning or Parking! - L'escargot
If I've driven down a road in error how am I supposed to remove my
vehicle if I can't turn round.

By selecting reverse gear?