03 onwards - How do you open the fuel flap? - Desperate Sue
My friend has a Nissan Micra courtesy car and is at a petrol station, but can't open the petrol flap thingy. My car (Toyota) has a pull release to the right, and under the steering wheel, but she can't see anything similar. HELP!!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/10/2008 at 01:33

HELP putting petrol in Nissan Micra - rtj70
Is there a car manual in the glovebox? Failing that what if there is no release. Pressing some fuel flaps on one size (or pulling) opens them as the filler itself needs a key to unlock it.
HELP putting petrol in Nissan Micra - Desperate Sue
No Manual. Will get her to try pushing on flap over petrol filler. Thank you.
HELP putting petrol in Nissan Micra - jase1
Older Nissans had the petrol flap opener to the right of the driver's seat, on the floor. But as this car will most likely be the Renault Micra, I don't know.
Looking at the pictures of the interior on Parker's site, they clearly show the petrol release where you describe it on your Toyota -- next to the boot release, to the right and under the steering wheel on the lower dash.
Will text her. Thank you very much.
Thanks everyone - she has found it. To the right of the steering wheel, under the dash. Phew!!

Edited by Desperate Sue on 24/10/2008 at 00:38

What happened to Jase's blond comment - I was submitting a suitable reply ;-)
That was only meant as a lighthearted remark!
Chicken..... ;-)
I didn't delete it!!

Why don't you just respond as if it were still there -- I think it's pretty obvious what I said ;)
I did reply, but that disappeared too. Very strange. I said my friend was a brunette, like me, and I was clever enough to go on this website to find out the answer. Was going to bed early, but have had a good laugh. ;-)