Turbo - CM
I know that this should be in the technical section but as the car is in for a service tomorrow I thought I would get mor replies here!

I am not sure if I have a problem or not and any views would be gratefully received.

My turbo (diesel) seems to sometimes loose bost pressure. It whistles away quite happily and then at about 2500rpm you feel a flat spot and the whistling stops and sounds like there is a release of gases. Sometimes this escape is preceeded by the turbo "whistle" being a bit stuttery. Conversely there sometimes seems to be a power surge at 3500 rpm.

I am just wondering whether it is my non-mechanical mind playing tricks or does someone out there know better
Turbo - dan
Hi CM,
Does your car have an ECU controlled bleed valve? These can play silly b*****s sometimes. (Avoided with a bypass and manual bleed)
If you're overboosting from a sticky wastegate or other regulating component your ECU may be hitting safety shut-off (stutter) or this flat spot/stutter is comng from the turbo rubbing on the housing from an eccentric spool up and causing friction at certain spin's (Friction equals powerloss)
dan
Turbo - CM
far too technical for me! although it does have an ECU controlled bleed valve.

thanks anyway
Turbo - CM
Dan,

Problem sorted. There was a split pipe which I believe was the vacuum one.

Thanks for your advice.

Charlie