99 1.6 XS - 'Juddering' half cut outs - chewymix
My 206 has got me stumped and i am at the end of my rope with it even though so far in the quest to solve this its had a replacement decoded ECU and the Bugicord coil pack. Before the ECU was changed it was hesitent on the revs and also cut out often at junctions and sometimes did not want to restart.

Since this has been changed things have improved but i still have what i can only describe as a 'judder'. Say i am driving along in a string of traffic in 3rd the car will hesitate and then pick up again with a bit of a judder. I have not had cutouts recently after changing the ECU but i have not given it a 'decent' run. At no point has any light come on the dash or any code been logged in the ECU.

I wonder what sensors or other such could cause this judder/hesitation which almost feels like the ignition has been cut for a moment? The only other thing i note is that when it half cuts i hear what i think is a relay click in the drivers side fuse box? I have given everything in there a bit of a tap but i wonder if there is something more i can check. The local independent has no clue on this one.

thanks for any help as i am getting no where fast.

thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/07/2008 at 19:37

99 1.6 1.6 XS - 'Juddering' half cut outs - Screwloose

Only a long-shot; but a crank sensor comes to mind. Wiring failure and the combo relay are other possibilities.
99 1.6 1.6 XS - 'Juddering' half cut outs - chewymix
thanks screwlose - do you happen to know where the crank sensor is on these?

Also where is that relay located as i do hear what appears to be a relay noise?

thanks for the hints

The crank sensor is on the front of the engine in a plastic cover, gearbox end. Check it's plug.

The combo fuelling relay is under the ECU cover with a 15-pin slide-clip plug.
99 1.6 1.6 XS - 'Juddering' half cut outs - chewymix
OK i will check that out - the fueling relay being under the ECU i saw that when i changed the ECU but i imagine i would not be able to hear that click as it cut in and out.

Is there anything within the fusebox that could cause this as thats where i hear that click from, i think.

thanks again
The dash click is probably the "engine running" circuits relay.

That will get it's signal from either the fuel-pump circuit or the engine ECU.

Might be worth checking the inertia switch and it's plug too.

Edited by Screwloose on 21/07/2008 at 16:09