Installing a third seatbelt - Happy Blue!
My wife has decided that she wants a really small, five door, five seater car. We have looked at several models and the one we like the best is the Citroen C1 (or equivalent), but this only has two seat belts at the rear.

Does anyone have any idea if a third seatbelt can be fitted retrospectively to this model and if so, how or by whom?

Alternatively, we have looked at the Hyundai i10 which she likes, but whilst it is incredible value for money, and nicely built, the Citroen drives so much better. We have not yet driven a Fiat Panda, but apart from that, are there any other cars we should be looking at at in this category?
Installing a third seatbelt - 659FBE
If the C1 has only 2 rear belts it's a 4 seater. Your insurance would be invalid if it were to be modified to take an extra passenger.

Installing a third seatbelt - tintin01
We had a look at a Daihatsu Sirion on Sunday. 1.0l is £8k but has 3 reat seatbelts. A/C. 4 electric windows. The car felt solid and well-built, doors closed with a thunk, though the glove box was plasticy. Seats quite firm. I didn't get to drive but OH said it picked up well and was easy to drive. Good boot space.

The attraction is the 5 year warranty and I understand the engine is the same as a Yaris and the cars are actually built in Japan. The down-side is the price and the depeciation. Also you can get a lot of bigger year-old cars for £8k. OH wants to try the i10 so he can compare the two.

A local Renault dealer was advertising 08 old-shape Clio campuses for £6,350 at the week-end. There seem to be some good deals around at the moment and likely to be more as the credit-crunch bites.