window sticker removal - Martin Wall
Hi

I'd like to remove the dealer sticker from the inside of the back window of my car but I'm worried about screwing this up as the sticker sits over some of the heated rear window elements.

Any advice as to how to remove the sticker and residue without damaging the heated window elements - e.g. would using something like a hair-dryer to heat up the glue help?

Thanks
window sticker removal - John Davis
Martin, I think that this has been discussed, at some length, in a prior "thread". I think that the concensus was that the use of a hairdryer is helpful and will allow the very strong adhesive to give up some of it's grip. However, I found that petrol ie, the refined type, sold in tobacconists as "Lighter Fuel", run into a previously peeled back corner, will dissolve the adhesive. If the hair dryer is used first (DON'T use the hair dryer and the petrol together)and some of the sticker is peeled back, this will allow the lighter fluid to penetrate.
window sticker removal - BrianW
It depends how long the sticker has been there.
If you can lift a corner and the sticker has not gone brittle (and therefore tears) you can work down the short end and then pull it off across the window.
The trick is to do it very slowly.
You will not damage the elements by pulling it off, only if you start attacking it with an instrument.
If it will not peel off reasonably easily then lighter fluid or acetone may help.
If the adhesive has gone hard then heat is unlikely to soften it.
HTH
window sticker removal - Dynamic Dave
Just to add to the other people's advice, switch on the heated rear window for a short while as well. Obvious reason being the heat will help soften the adhesive.
window sticker removal - Mike M
Just done this to SWMBO's new-to-her car. I left it in the sun for a couple of hours before freeing up a corner with a sharp blade and peeling the sticker back very slowly. Final cleaning was with WD40, but only because I'd run out of IPA.
window sticker removal - Martin Wall
Just to say that I put the heated window on for a few mins and then peeled off the sticker. Removed glue residue with some acetone (aka nail varnish remover!) and washed that off with some warm water. Result - sticker gone and rear vision improved.

Thanks!
window sticker removal - Ian (Cape Town)
IPA?
I suspect you didn't mean India Pale Ale.
Please enlighten this poor foreigner...
window sticker removal - lezebre
IPA?
I suspect you didn't mean India Pale Ale.

>>

IPA, the (most) acceptable face of British influence!

No, Ian, but you're closer than you think.
Mike means Isopropyl Alcohol.

window sticker removal - A11DNL
Mycal "Sticky Stuff Remover" from Lakeland, etc, might be safer and quicker if you can get under the edge of the sticker - or just want to remove the residue. It's magic on tar spots too.

David
window sticker removal - David Lacey
Just be careful of the elements
MG-Rover Questions? forums.mg-rover.org/
window sticker removal - terryb
This stuff is brilliant. It's based on a citrus oil and works miracles.

Terry