05 1.4 Car Alarm Malfunction - mickros
My wife's car has had a problem with the alarm since she purchased it.

The problem arises when the car is parked on the drive - all locked up OK. When the sun shines on the car the alarm goes off periodically much to the annoyance of the neighbours.

Is there any way the alarm can be adjusted to stop this happening ?

Or is there any way I can lock the car without activating the alarm - giving the neighbours a bit of peace !!

Any help greatly appreciated.
05 1.4 Car Alarm Malfunction - Billy Whizz
I don't have a R25 but with my 1996 Range Rover the alarm is only set when locking with the remote. Locking with the key does not set the alarm. Worth a try?
05 1.4 Car Alarm Malfunction - ex-Triumph man
It would appear that there is a fault with the volumetric sensor. There would appear to be air pressure building up in the car due to the heat. The sensor is fitted above the front seat belt height adjuster.
To overcome this the easy (and cheap way) lock the car with the key, not the remote. This procedure overrides the sensor.
The only downside of this procedure is that if anyone smashes a window, the alarm will not go off. It should still go off if someone opened a door/bonnet/tail door etc.
05 1.4 Car Alarm Malfunction - mickros
Many thanks for the info - I'll lock it with the key I think to give the neighbours a bit of peace!
05 1.4 Car Alarm Malfunction - ex-Triumph man
Well done. As I recall the volumetric sensors, as they are called, are easy to change. They just click in/out. No tools needed. What the availability is like I could not tell you. Sweet dreams!