Faded plastic bumper - the answer??? - Waino
I believe the question of what to do about faded black plastic bumpers has come up several times in the past - and I reckon my neighbour may have come up with the solution.

Last summer, Steve sprayed the black plastic bits on his daughter's Corsa with Eastwood 'Under Hood Black' (obtained from frost.co.uk) after first carefully masking them off.

This could best be described as an experiment because I suspect that there is not a specific manufacturer's recommendation for this use.

Anyway, nine months later, I was out there this afternoon admiring the finish - which looks just as good now as on the day he applied it. He tells me that previous attempts at the job with a variety of other products have lasted a matter of a few weeks.

There are several warnings on the can about the flammability/toxicity etc of the product and I hope that no recent changes have been made which could affect performance.

If I can get my act together, I'll have a go at my son's Corsa when the weather improves.

Edited by Waino on 24/03/2008 at 17:26

Faded plastic bumper - the answer??? - Dynamic Dave
I don't know how long it lasts, but you can also bring back the colour with a heat gun.
Faded plastic bumper - the answer??? - mrgaryme
forget all the stuff at halfords or any place which sells miracle stuff you wipe on and think your grey bumpers are going to stay black again, its just a complete waste of money. However there are things that you can use for your sons corsa, the first using a heat gun, this is quite easy to do however you will not get a perfect finish the heat causes the plastic to change and although it will improve it is not perfect, although with corsas the spats can be white and look quite bad!

A second way is to use "forever black" its expensive at £9.99 for a tiny amount, elite car care is a good source. This stuff is basically a black dye and has been made especially for faded bumpers. It has an applicator on the end of the bottle and all you do is slap it on. Mask up any paint work though as its stubborn stuff! This stuff really does work, its from the USA ive not seen it in any shops although ebay sells it and its easy to find off the net.

This stuff lasts for a long time, unlike paint it will not flake it will last through car washes and will look the business!