1999 1.8 - rear washer not working - bantam1
The rear washer has stopped working ... the fronts ok but nothing at rear .. have looked at the tubing running up the corner post and there seems to be water there but nothing at nozzle... pump seems to be running ok ..

any ideas

adam

{year of car, etc picked up from a previous post of yours}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/01/2008 at 00:34

1999 1.8 - rear washer not working - Saltrampen
The nozzle is probably blocked.
If the nozzle entrance is hardened plastic (as is the case with later mondeos)
then sticking pins in it can mishapen it and make the water jet weaker.
You need to remove the tubing from the nozzle / washer, pull the nozzle unit out then
blow down it in the reverse direction by mouth or with a foot pump.
Hopefully that will clear it. Wash it out with water to get any further gunk out from the nozzle.
Then activate the rear washer with the tubing pointed into a container to make sure there is no debris in the tube. Then put it back together.
If the end nozzle is metal, wire or pins may unblock it, but make sure the metal is not damaged.
-S.
1999 1.8 - rear washer not working - paulyoung666
it could be the pump even though it sounds ok , the front washers failed on mine but the pump sounded ok , if it is , dont go to the dealers for one , you can get them from a motor factors for about £13 and take 30 minutes to fit , i asked at ford and they wanted £50 for the pump and an hours labour !!!!!!!!
1999 1.8 - rear washer not working - motamoa
I have a 2002 model that leaks into the rear right foot well when i try to use the rear wash wipe. Figured its a split hose/dodgy connector and have never used it since... staying over 80mph cleans the rear window very well:)