BCA Auction View...abbreviations mean what please? - legacylad
I am looking to buy at auction and have looked at BCA Auction View.
Under the CAP & Glass's columns I understand the New: and Ret: abbreviations (but not the price differences!)but under CAP what does Cln: Avg: and Blw: mean?And under 'Size' what does 3+, 5+, 10+ mean.... does it mean there are 3/5/10 identical spec vehicles going under the hammer?
Apologies for these simplistic questions, but in my defence I do not work in the motor trade.
BCA Auction View...abbreviations mean what please? - the original horse
cap black book see page 20, trade only book cant divulge such hush hush info on public forum , page twenty "how to use this book"
BCA Auction View...abbreviations mean what please? - legacylad
Next door neighbours child just back from nursery and she tells me the abbreviations mean clean, average and below average. The numbers refer to the number of similar vehicles which have passed thru the auction ring previously. Doh.......
BCA Auction View...abbreviations mean what please? - henry k
the original horse

Chocolate teapot ?

Edited by henry k on 22/10/2007 at 18:58

BCA Auction View...abbreviations mean what please? - pd
Watch BCA's CAP values - they are quite frequently wrong and not by a small amount either. Manheim's catalogue values are far more reliable.

If you are in the trade section of Auctionview then you must have a Gold card so should be able to check them.

BCA Auction View...abbreviations mean what please? - pd
I have just re-read the original post. If you do not work in the motor trade you appear to be accessing the motor trade section of Auctionview. If you have somehow got into it by accident then fine, if you have stolen or borrowed somebody else's password and login you and they are breaking numerous parts of both BCA's and CAP/Glasses agreement.

As I said in my previous post you can't rely on them anyway - you need a proper paper or electronic guide to double check them. If you are using Manheim's system (which again you should not be accessing the trade section) this is less important as they are both more often correct and more comprehensive.