Servicing - Dealer or Independant? - aspick
My Mazda 6 is ready for its 75k mile service. Mazda dealer wants around £260 for this and of course I get my service book stamped (its up to date so far from previous owners who had it "officially" serviced by Mazda dealers)

There are independant servicing companies that I've spotted on the net who claim they will also stamp the book once the job is done eg. Prestige Car Servicing - around £220 for this but they do collect and return the car in that price.

Which one should I go for? ie. is having the book stamped really worth the money in the long run (residual values when I come to sell on the car?) or should I just get it serviced partly myself (oil/filter change etc.) and perhaps more complicated bits at a local garage and forgo the book stamping.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Andy

Mazda Servicing - Dealer or Independant? - piston power
For the difference of £40.00 i would let the dealers service my car, plus they will have all recent info if needed, if you bought the car it would look v good with dealer stamps all over it don't you think!
Mazda Servicing - Dealer or Independant? - GregSwain
To be honest I'd find a cheaper independent - I've never dealt with an independent that won't stamp the service book. £220 is a lot for a non-dealer service. Even Kwik-Fit will do it significantly cheaper than that.