Re: Upside-Down Thinking - The
> > > > * Flat backed vehicles are caught by some cameras for
> > > > travelling BELOW 17mph.
> > >
> > > So what - they just ask for the photos and get the conviction
> > > dismissed

> > Who "they"?

> "They" are the drivers of the Flat Backed Vehicle.

Most of whom aren't aware of this.

In fact (stop me if you've heard this one before) I contribute to a technical motoring forum where the intelligent and educated contributors are convinced that if you are "caught" by a speed camera you _must_ be speeding and you _must_ be driving dangerously and you must _not_ whinge and whine about the fine, but accept the ban like a _real_ macho man!

> I can't wait to hear your response on my response to your response to Cardew :)

Your wish is my command

----------------------------------------------------

> > > > * Cameras force legal but speeding drivers onto less safe
> > > > roads to avoid detection.
> > >
> > > legal but speeding??

> > As in legal plates etc.

> Not totally legal then!

Depends on whether they were "caught" doing over 30, or under 17, I suppose.

Or whether they were doing between 17 and 30 with legal plates while illegally chewing on a piece illegal Christmas Pud (which theyd bitten off before geting into the car).

Or whether they were doing between 17 and 30 early in the last parliament before a lot of the other silly laws were rescinded while illegally not being up to date with their archery practice.

> Easy.

---------------------------------------------

> Come on Bogush! Keep up.

I'm trying, I'm trying!

(To which, I suppose you'll respond, I know, I know!;-(

-------------------------------------------------

> This "Hmmmmmmmmmm" thing is really annoying!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I know, I know.

Don't you just hate it when you've got so much to say, and so little time to say it in, and you can't decide where to start, or what with?

---------------------------------------------------

> I'm saying, what have "real dangerous" criminals got to do with speed cameras?

> They are unrelated.

Do I _really_ have to cut and paste the whole thread again?

Criminals are criminals.

They do criminal things like breaking the law.

And breaking people's legs.

Sometimes with cars.

Because they are sociopathic psycopaths.

They are nasty people who do nasty things like rob banks, mow down people with their guns, and then mow down a few more while making a getaway.

At 29 mph.

So, no, they have nothing to do with speed cameras.

Most _real_ criminal dangerous drivers (ie not your average bank manager or doctor, or vicar or district nurse who might do 31, or even 36 in a 30 and pay up without an argument, and might need retraining because of their poor skills driving _below_ 30) are _real_ criminals.

But they don't usually get caught by "safety" cameras because they drive stolen/ringed/cloned cars.

But they do get caught by traffic police.

Two birds with one stone.

They get taken off the roads and get taken off the streets.

Stop me if I've mentioned this before, but at least one Chief Constable is on record as saying that his traffic cops caught more real criminals and solved more real crimes (you know, minor things like murder and rape, and even petty things like drug dealing, not proper stuff liks a vicar doing 36 on a 30 dual carriageway) than his CID did.