1.2 Electronic Fault Indicator Light - andyrew
I have a problem with my Clio 1.2 2001 car, this has been going on now for about a year and a half, what happens is when you start the car whether its hot or cold the orange electronic fault and pre heating warning light comes on, when this happens you can only drive at about 15 mph, this happens mostly when the car is started but has done this to me at traffic lights once, the engine never cuts out but the revs are higher, if I turn the engine off for 15 minutes it will right itself and the light will go off and maybe will be ok for 2-3 weeks, its been at the Renault garage where they said nothing was wrong, has anyone else had this problem.

Cheers Andy.

{Shouting amended - DD}
Clio 1.2 Electronic Fault Indicator Light - Screwloose
Andy

The Caps lock on your keyboard seems to be stuck... {Shouting now resolved - DD}

These 1.2 Clio's can suffer from failed/chafed engine bay wiring looms and faulty throttle bodies - depending on which engine is fitted.

Sell it now while it's still going; it could easily cost more than the car's worth to fix it.
Clio 1.2 Electronic Fault Indicator Light - Xileno {P}
It's not very old, can't be much wrong with it surely?
Clio 1.2 Electronic Fault Indicator Light - andyrew
thanks for your reply ,don,t really want to sell its only done 38,000,will try at garage again.
Clio 1.2 Electronic Fault Indicator Light - Screwloose
Andy

They may not have any more success that they did last time.

If it's the fly-by-wire throttle body [75% chance] then the bill will likely be over £1000 to replace/adapt it and the loom; that's serious money - good job you're loaded.