Citroen Saxo - Blowers and HRW dont work - treeby4
I have a 1999 Saxo and the HRW and the blowers have stopped working. I have heard about lots of problems with ignition wires so i have located the problem as being one of the red/ brown wires from the ignition switch. I have bridged the wires to test and the fans came on. I know i should not leave the wires bridged and wondered if anyone could tell me what to do.

Thank you

Mark
Citroen Saxo - Blowers and HRW dont work - bell boy
Buy a new switch basically,the idea is that these things dont work without the engine running ,its a french idiocomm in my opinion.
Citroen Saxo - Blowers and HRW dont work - Robin the Technician
The fault lies with your ignition switch. One of the contacts inside the switch no longer works and feed is not getting to your heater or HRW. If you search this database you will find it well documented. I eventually relaced the switch on my nieces saxo and it cured the problem. I did temporarily attach a live wire to the duff terminal and hey presto - the heater worked.

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Citroen Saxo - Blowers and HRW dont work - RichardW
But if you just replace the switch it will go the same way as the original, since the contacts are not man enough for the job. Much better to wire in a relay (30amp at least!) to take over the function of the ignition switch - there might be enough left in the switch to operate the relay, otherwise just take another ignition swtiched live from somewhere convenient.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Citroen Saxo - Blowers and HRW dont work - bell boy
What about sorting the immobilisor circuit if you do away with the ignition switch? cant imagine the insurance company would be too happy if its not used and car nicked
there is also a possibility if original switch is left in its broken state it could catch fire while driving?
only my thoughts mind
Citroen Saxo - Blowers and HRW dont work - RichardW
Sorry, obviously didn't make it clear - ignition switch is retained, but a relay is installed to take over the switching duty for the fan / HRW. Load is reduced to a few mA rather than the 20+ of the blower and HRW combined.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....