A4 Cabriolet - up in flames - tack
Was woken from my deep slumbers at 3am this morning by a shocking explosion which shook the houses in my street. Initially, thought it was someone breaking into my house (with grenades?) Belted down to my kitchen armed with a fluffy slipper in one hand and a leather belt in the other. Then saw the tell-tale glow of flames through the kitchen window. Some 'orrible git had stolen an R reg A4 cabrio', dumped it in the service road at the back of my house and set light to it. Petrol tank exploding was what turfed me out of bed. Don't know who the owner is, but poor person has lost his/her pride and joy.

Next morning, what a mess in daylight. Next to nothing left of it.

Mind you, met some neighbours I didn't know I had at 3am, all quite jolly in a gritty urban sort of way. Slurping cups of tea to a Beirut style backdrop of flames, acid smoke, tyres bursting, the "nee-narrs" arriving on blues and twos, too late to do anything.

Couldn't sleep after that, so put the washing on and did some serious ironing whilst watching dawn arrive.

Just thought I'd share with you a normal scene from the streets of greater east London.
A4 Cabriolet - up in flames - dieselicious
oooh! i used to get that at least twice a week where I lived off the Old Kent Road a few years back.

[pedant mode on] Would it have been based on the 80, not the A4 if it was R reg, or was it on a private plate??[pedant mode most definately off] :-)
A4 Cabriolet - up in flames - tanvir
oooh! i used to get that at least twice a week where I lived off
the Old Kent Road a few years back.
[pedant mode on] Would it have been based on the 80 not the A4 if
it was R reg or was it on a private plate??[pedant mode most definately off]
:-)

aye, 80/coupe/cabrio were all one family