help!!! Looking for a 2nd hand car. - ali2673
new to the back room and looking for some advice. got £4000 to spend on a 2nd car, looking for some thing a wee bit sporty, ford cougar 2.5 v6 is the fave at the moment, any pro's or con's i should know about or any other cars i should consider? thanks!!

{Slight edit to subject header to make the topic less vague than simply "Help!!!" - DD}
help!!! - PhilW
Have you had a lokk at Car By Car Breakdown? - link just North-west of here.Or here
www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index...m
--
Phil
help!!! - Nsar
Try a search on Autotrader - it allows you to put in a max price and specific search terms such as coupe - might throw up some suggestions.
Click on the link to the left here
help!!! - Armitage Shanks {p}
How old are you?! Is the insurance for a Cougar factored into your budget or is it not a problem?
help!!! - Simon
At this current moment in time with the push towards us being more environmentally friendly etc, I personally would not be considering a 2.5l V6 car. I am not trying to put you off but I am starting to resent the running costs of my 2.0l Focus ST170. The car itself is fine, but I am increasingly finding myself shelling out more and more cash just to get from A to B.

Since Mr Brown's budget is going to cost me £205 to tax it for a year, and the cost of fuel (or should I say the extra duty on the fuel) is spiralling more and more and although it is a nice reasonably quick car to drive, it only gives about 31mpg at the best of times.

When you consider the other people around you who own things like a newish 1.4 diesel Fiesta, they have only now got to pay £35 for a year's road tax and they will be getting probably 50mpg+ from their car, then you start to wonder who is the mug in all of this.

Okay it is nice to drive a bigger and better car over something diddy such as a diesel Fiesta, but I certainly don't do a vast amount of miles in my Focus ST170 and would happily swap to something that could probably halve my running costs over having that bit of extra luxury. So why don't I? Mainly because when I bought my Focus new it was to be for the long term and to chop and change so soon I would lose a good chunk of money just to swap to something else. By keeping it and not losing that chunk of cash I can offset this (in my mind at least) against the rising costs of running a 'bigger' engined car.
help!!! - IanW1977
Damn right - I sold my 306 for this reason - 25mpg round town driving sensibly - 2 Litre so expensive on the Tax and Group 14 Insurance - Plus the fact when you want to go for a drive in the country over some nice roads it's full of bikers weaving in and out in front of you anyway so may as well get a normal A-B car