Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi Oil Change - hdinfosec
Grateful for some advice. I'm going to do an oil change on our rencently purchased 02 Scenic 1.9 dCi and the Haynes manual instructs that after filling with new oil and replacing the filter that the stop solenoid plug is removed and the engine is then cranked to bring up oil pressure without firing up.

I know this is 'best practise' for any engine, but the Haynes manual does not show where the stop solenoid plug is. So my questions are:

Am I safe to just start the engine (very briefly) until the oil pressure lamp goes out, and then re-check oil level?

or, if the answer is 'no' is there a convenient fuse I can pull which will allow me to crank the engine without it starting?

Thanks to anyone who replies.
Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi Oil Change - dieselhead
Personally I wouldn't bother pulling fuses etc. you risk logging a fault code or illuminating check engine lights. If it's a vertically mounted filter fill it with oil before fitting and let it idle for a couple of minutes, it wont do any harm.
Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi Oil Change - Xileno {P}
Keep an eye on the intercooler - if fitted. Any swelling or bulging indicates problems...
Renault Scenic 1.9 dCi Oil Change - Big Bad Bob
HI the stop solenoid should be just under the header tank on the inner wing. with a black round rubber cap on it. where the petrol have a red cap but still in the same place hope this helps