New Alfa TV ad - Opera - a900ss
What opera is the new Alfa TV advert from?

It is so intoxicating.

Also, any recommended 'easy' opera for a luddite most welcome.

Thanks
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - BazzaBear {P}
This place is usually excellent for such questions:
www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=43379
In this case, it doesn't appear to have the info you're after, but I thought you might like to see it again anyway :)
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - barchettaman
Although I haven´t seen the ad, the Web says it´s the Countess/Susanna duet from act 3 of Mozart´s Le nozze di Figaro*, ´Sull´ aria´.
Hope this helps.
* in which I am currently appearing at the Frankfurt opera BTW

Operatically yours,
Barchettaman
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - Pugugly {P}
And the marriage of Figaro is a very good place to start the love of opera. The only problem with Mozart is that his style tends to make other composers look positively monochrome. Some outragious music for his period - including some almost jazzy stuff. Probably the sweetest tune he wrote was the Clarinet Concerto - so very fresh it could have been written for an ad yesterday...........
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - SjB {P}
Probably the sweetest tune he wrote was the Clarinet Concerto - so very fresh it could have been written for an ad yesterday...........

As a some time clarinetist, I agree.
My desert island disc though would be another Mozart ditty; His piano concerto #1, confusingly finished after #2!

Back to motoring - I'll keep an eye out for the ad, thoughto do that implies that I actually watch some TV!
Recommendations for easy listening opera :

1) highlights CD of Nozze di Figaro, should only be a few quid
2) any cd of Pavarotti´s early years (NOT the late stuff, or anything ´Pavarotti and friends´... urgh)
3) puccini highlight CDs too (La Boheme, Tosca, Madama Butterfly, Turandot)
4) ´great opera choruses´ always go down well, lots of comp. CDs around
5) a bit of Verdi might be your cup of tea.

Or catch English Touring Opera, should be on a stage near you soon.
Classic FM collections on CD are themed and are in bite sized chunks with some potted history.
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - Tiffx19
Can someone please settle an argument? I'm sure its the same piece of music that Tim Robbins played in the Shawshank Redemption when he locked himself in the guvnors office..... A night out depends on this!!
1985 Fiat X1/9
1996 Citroen Xantia
1992 Kawasaki ZZR 600
Web says it is....

......Non-Original Music by
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (duet "Sull'aria... Che soave zeffiretto " from opera "Le nozze di Figaro")
..........When the guards leave momentarily, Andy savors his victory - he leafs through a stack of used record albums in a wooden crate and finds a boxed set of Mozart's opera "The Marriage of Figaro" - Le Nozze de Figaro. [Symbolically, The Marriage of Figaro was about a valet/servant Figaro who outwitted his master Count Almaviva.] In another redemptive act similar to the one on the rooftop, he places the record Duettino: Sull'Aria on a phonograph player in the office, locks the doors and broadcasts the opera on the P.A. system throughout the entire prison to share a moment of freedom and make the prison walls dissolve.
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - Round The Bend
We went to a Nozze at the weekend!
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - mike hannon
To get the full story, listen to Rossini's 'The Barber of Seville' before 'The Marriage of Figaro'.
My late pal (a man who used to scrimp and save from his wages as a printers' labourer for a cheap seat at Covent Garden every three months) always said Rossini was meat and potatoes, while Mozart was strawberries and cream.
After TMOF, of course, you can graduate to Mozart's double cream - The Magic Flute...
I feel that Mozart would approve of the use of his music as a lot of his work was commercial soundtrack type stuff. Divertimentos and the such like.
a900ss, I forgot to recommend Bizet´s Carmen, in which there´s many a good tune.
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - Gromit {P}
Was going to recommend anything by Mozart (or else Carmen) as a good starting point. In operettas, Mozart's The Magic Flute or Strauss's Die Fledermaus are thoroughly enjoyable too.

As for ticket prices, if you catch the opera bug, it can be well worth planning a city break in any of the Germany cities that have an opera company, or indeed Vienna. While the best seats are almost as expensive as London, there are much lower prices available elsewhere in the hall. And in Vienna, you also have the option of standing places at the Staatsoper for less than 10 euro if you're keen to soak up the atmosphere of a night at the opera but don't want to spend big money on it.

Happy listening!
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - a900ss
Thanks for all your help guys,

a900ss
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - Ed V
One of the aria's in the Magic Flute, I was told could be sung accurately by only 6 women in the world, currently. And Britney isn't one of them
Nice one Ed.
I assume you´re talking about the Königin arias - whilst you´re more likely to hear them sung badly than perfectly, there are plenty of girls who can absolutely nail the high Fs every time. I´d recommend Diana Damrau - amazing singer. The RNCM-trained Victoria Joyce is another reliable queen IYKWIM....
Sorry for the lack of motoring mods.
New Alfa TV ad - Opera - paulvm
Driving (motoring link) up to RNCM at end of March to see youngest son in his first opera there. He is in year 1 at RNCM studying Vocal Studies as he is a bass-baritone. I know what you mean about the Queen of the Night arias - excellent driving music (second driving link) to counteract local drum 'n bass boom merchants! We all saw Marraige of Figaro at Covent Garden last year - brilliant production.